Last season seems like an age ago. The domestic football calendar ended with our glorious triumph and utter humiliation of our opponents at Wembley, completely at odds with how we started our campaign, which was mired in mediocrity.
Yesterday betting on Petr Cech to Arsenal was suspended with a number of bookmakers - further fueling the hopes and desires of many Arsenal supporters that we will be getting a ready made world-class goalkeeper between the Arsenal sticks for the first time since Jens Lehmann.
Arsenal and Germany's Mesut Ozil has forged a reputation for having an almost telepathic ability to present goalscoring opportunities to teammates. His unwavering talent for ghosting past opposition with his excellent ball control and his first class passing skill has seen him cement his place amongst the higher echelons of current-day players.
Last season, Arsene Wenger attributed Arsenal’s slow start to the campaign, at least in part, to a “World Cup hangover.” Including Danny Welbeck, 12 Gunners’ players took some part in world football’s great menagerie in Brazil. Podolski, Özil and Mertesacker went the distance and came back as world champions- with the effects on all three rather obvious before Christmas. Laurent Koscielny and David Ospina returned with injuries, whilst Mathieu Debuchy, Mesut Özil and Olivier Giroud picked up medium term injuries before the autumn.
- It's Time For The Ox To Shine - And To Be Held To Account
- Alternative End Of Season Awards
- Getting Competition For Coquelin Isn't Easy
- Super Jacky Wilshere Has Nothing To Apologise For
- Forget Next Season, Bask In This FA Cup Glory!
- She Wore A Yellow Ribbon! Follow Arsenal Live At Wembley #AFCLive
- What Could Arsenal's Squad Look Like Next Season?
- Summer Dithering Cost Arsenal The Double?
- Arsenal On The Brink Of FA Cup History
- Who Gets Dropped For The FA Cup Final?