Earlier this week bona fide Arsenal legend Tony Adams admitted, not for the first time, that he was close to joining Manchester United before Arsène Wenger was appointed manager. Mr Arsenal came very close to being considered Stapleton 2.0 before that unfavourable moniker was assigned to Robin van Persie.
After the Chelsea match yesterday, in which Arsenal lost 2-0 largely courtesy of awful refereeing from Mike Dean, Arsène Wenger blasted Diego Costa a 'disgrace' and unacceptable.
Match Review: Chelsea 2 Arsenal 0 - Premier League 19.09.15
Arsenal fell victim to a refereeing performance for the ages, as we once again suffered a miserable defeat at Stamford Bridge. What looked like being an even and entertaining game turned into a farce before half time, as Mike Dean flourished in the leading role with some stunningly inept and petty officiating. I don’t think I’ve ever seen anything quite like it and I’m sure Mr. Dean will be suitably thrilled at the media coverage his actions will receive.
Match Preview: Chelsea vs. Arsenal – Premier League 09.19.2015
So. We've come full circle, it seems. Chelsea, who were a week ago in complete disarray, are once again ascendant. Arsenal, who were a week ago ascendant, are in complete disarray. What a difference a few days makes. Chelsea, hosting Maccabi Tel-Aviv, romped to a 4-0 win while Arsenal, traveling to Dinamo Zagreb, unravelled to a 2-1 loss. The only conclusion to draw from these results is that Arsenal's Saturday trip to Stamford Bridge will end in epic defeat, earning its place in the annals along side Hastings, Agincourt, or Waterloo. Something in my gut tells me there's far more to this one than any of those.
- Disgrace! Wilshere Injury Management Blasted
- Arsenal: how far in the Premier League?
- Zagreb Ref Was On A Power Trip & Now Arsenal Are In A Weird Place
- Listen: Wenger Blames Officials For Arsenal's UCL Defeat
- Arsenal Celebrate 17 Years In UCL
- Wenger Plays Roulette With Players & Arsenal's Training Is Wrong Claims Dutch Coach
- Arteta Could Start Against Unbeaten Zagreb
- What Gunners Should Get A Starting Berth For England At Euro 2016?
- 052 - Scoring Again, Laughing At Chelsea, Tram-Man & Piesis
- Walcott Opens Home Account With Moment Of Individual Brilliance